1. Regarding the harbours owned by the Autonomous Community and directly managed by this Entity, there are in particular thefollowing functions:
- The organisation, management and administration of the harbours and service areas.
- The planning, projection, contracting and execution of maintenance, preservation and repair works for harbours and harbour facilities, as well as the construction of new harbours and harbour facilities and extension or rehabilitation of the existing ones when ordered or authorised by the Regional Ministry of Public Works and Housing.
- The planning, establishing, management and administration of harbour services within the service areas of the harbours, and the provision of the same by way of the most convenient kinds of management and always in the public interest.
- The drawing up and passing of the utilisation plans in the service areas of the harbours according to the town planning framework.
- Cooperation with the appropriate maritime authorities.
- Propose to the appropriate bodies the establishment, updating and revision of harbour income amounts by Public Law.
- Establish, update and revise income amounts by Public Law, according to the current legislation.
- The elaboration of harbour Service, System and Policing Rules and Regulations, the forwarding of the same to the Regional Ministry of Public Works and Housing for their approval, as well as monitoring their fulfillment and adopting disciplinary measures and imposing fines that have been decided by the same.
- In general, fulfill as many functions as necessary in order to accommodate harbour maritime traffic and achieve profitability and productivity in the operation of the harbours.
2.With regard to public domain management liable for the directlymanaged harbours, the following correspond in particular to the Company:
- The awarding, repeal and expiry of authorisations subject to a non-renewable extension of under three years, for the development of activities within the harbour area which do not require works or installations of any kind, and for the occupation of the public domain with dismantable installations, as well as the approval of the specifications of particular conditions for the same, being subject to where appropriate the specifications of the general conditions approved by the competent body.
- The awarding, modification, redemption, reversion and expiry of public domain harbour concessions when their objective is the total or partial use of existing buildings, with or without interior or external architectural alterations for a non-renewable time period of under five years, or the occupation of the harbour domain with dismantable installations or movables for a non-renewable term of over three and under five years.
- The proposal to the incumbent of the Regional Ministry of Public Works and Housing concerning the awarding, modification, redemption, reversion and expiry of the occupation concessions of harbour public domain, whose authority has not been attributed to the Entity, and particularly those that imply works and non-dismantable installations whatever the time period; the total or partial utilisation of existing buildings, with or without interior or external architectural alterations for a time period of over five years, as well as the occupation of the harbour domain with dismantable installations or movables for a term of over five years.
- Monitor the fulfillment of the clauses and conditions stipulated in the action of awarding concessions and authorisations, and adopt whatever measures necessary for the protection and appropriate management of the harbour public domain.
- Authorise the assignment of concessions, as well as raising mortgages and other rights of guarantee over the same.
- Exercise the rights to trials and pre-emption which legally correspond to the Autonomous Community with regard to the harbours under its authority.
- Exercise the functions of policing and protection over the harbour public domain.